Saturday, January 3, 2009

catch up....

So it seems I’m on the 30 day plan. Writing only once a month is not good for the reason that I started this blog. And since my son refuses to let me take photos of him (this is his idea of posing for photos.....) so I have none of him to share. I have been keeping track of all the memories we made over that last month or so and these are a few of my favorites….
1) every year we keep loose change around to put in the salvation army buckets and every year I have tried to tell N why we do it. This year started out no different. The outcome however was unexpected and touching. We were discussing it as we were walking into Wal-Mart and after he dropped his change in and exchanged a “merry christmas” with the bell ringer he turned to me just inside the door and said: Mom that felt so good! He was so disappointed the first time we went out and there were no buckets to drop money in.

2) Once the presents started showing up under the tree he started packing them around the house. He brought me one and this was our conversation: N: mom, I hope this is my favorite thing. Me: and what would your favorite thing be? N: it’s in this box!!!

3) D’s parents have “Christmas” at their house with all his brothers and their families. We have dinner and open presents. When N opened his gift from Coach and Nana he exclaimed: Its what I always wanted!!

4) A understood what was going on this year and she figured out that under the wrapping were toys and other things she probably wanted. But in true A fashion she managed to get everyone to do the work for her and just play with the toys!

5) Having Grandpa for Christmas…..

6) Spending time with the dogs in the 70+ degree weather!

7) Watching A trying to play Lego Star Wars on the Wii…too funny - its on my list to video

8) Watching A enjoy her horses…..she absolutely loves them!

We are finally feeling a little more settled here in our new home. We really like the ward but miss our friends and family a lot. I didn’t think that this little amount of distance would separate us so much but it has and I feel badly about it. I am hoping to find more time once we settled in our new schedule to spend with them. Hoping everyone had as wonderful holiday as we did!!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute, A. is growing up much too quickly.