Tuesday, July 13, 2010

how does your garden grow

I was determined to plant a garden this spring. But with the baby and everything I didn't get things actually planted till late May but I am so excited that things are growing - those are actual flowers on my tomato and pepper plants!!! The garden is a different story. I am almost positive that the giant leaves are my squash plants and I am pleased that they are growing so well. It remains to be seen if anything will actually grow but they sure look good. The other plants I am not so sure of - that's one for you Laurie...A insisted on helping with the planting but her idea was to just throw the seeds wherever. I'm sure I have onions in the carrots and am positive there are cucumbers scattered throughout!! The kids really enjoyed helping. N especially. Anything involving dirt and water he is all about. They have really liked going out to check the progress each day. It started slow but once the plants pushed through the dirt things really took off. I am looking forward to fresh vegetables hopefully soon!

3 comments:

Chocolate Frogs said...

wow you've been busy. I'll have to get a copy of your snake pictues. love all your posts.

laurie said...

Photos 1,3 and 5 are definitely plants. The 4 photo is a weed . . . pull it! and the 2 photo I am not sure yet. It looks really good. Keep going girl. Your cucumbers will have leaves similar to the squash but with little vine like things that like to wrap around everything. Keep it up and tell N and A good job with the planting. Love it!!

laurie said...

Oops the fifth photo is a weed not sure about the fourth one yet.